Hello to all my wonderful readers! Today is a very special day–myself and a couple of blog friends have been working for a while on a special surprise, and today I am excited to announce that I am hosting a joint short story contest with Schuyler McConkey of My Lady Bibliophile and Annie Hawthorne of The Curious Wren!
The Challenge: To write a short story, 3,000 words or less, using one or a combination of all three photo prompts from our blogs, with a clever incorporation of a winter or Christmas theme. You will then send it to seascribblerscontest[at]gmail[dot]com no later than December 12th.
Ready to jump in?
My photo prompt is below:
And now for the rules (and better yet!) the prizes:
- All entries must be submitted to seascribblerscontest[at]gmail[dot]com by December 12, 2015, midnight EST. Files should be .doc files.
- Entries should be no more than 3,000 words. There is no minimum word requirement. Entries must use one of the photo prompts provided, and contain a Christmas or winter theme. Contestants may submit up to three seperate entries, but only one entry can win.
- Email subject line should read “Entry for 2015 SEA Scribblers Short Story Contest” and should not contain your story title.
- Entries should be in Times New Roman, size 12 font.
- Entries will be judged for creative use of the photo prompt, style, and grammar.
- No language or explicit sex, please.
- Judges for the contest are Annie Hawthorne, Emily Hayse, and Schuyler McConkey.
- Winners will be notified by email and announced online on Saturday, December 19th.
- The final entry will be posted on the judges’ blogs. All stories remain the property of their owners, but may be used for promotional purposes in connection with the contest.
- The Art of War for Writers will be shipped to contestants outside the US. However, the bookmark will only be shipped to US entries, and if a person outside the US wins second place, a digital prize will be substituted.
- First place winner will receive a paperback copy of The Art of War for Writers, by James Scott Bell and a digital copy of The Rakshasa’s Bride, by Suzannah Rowntree.
- Second place winner will receive a digital anthology of short stories by Annie, Emily, and Schuyler, as well as a bookmark.
- Third place winner will receive a $10 giftcard to The Book Depository.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at seascribblerscontest[at]gmail[dot]com.
I look forward to reading your entries!